Friday, October 10, 2008
How delightful to return to blogland and find myself the recipient of such a lovely award! Sure, I was nominated by the two women who inspired me to start this blog in the first place and who also happen to be family, but well, that's just my kind of nepotism!
Many many thanks to Kate (of Love You Big fame), and Little Miss Monkey Mind for the blog love, all the fun comments and for being such great and inspiring reading yourselves.
The rules of the award are thus:
1. Choose seven of your favourite blogs to nominate and link back to them
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award
3. Leave a message on the blogs that you've nominated
4. Post the award on your blog (optional)
Now I'm still fairly new to blogland, still building my Google Reader and discovering different blogs, but my award picks are (nepotism or no!) already firm favourites. I've also realised that despite their different subjects, they are all beautifully written. Turns out I'm just a sucker for language.
So in no particular order:
1. Eat Tori - my cooking, restaurant and travel guru, whose masterfully penned posts always get my tummy rumbling.
2. Love You Big - a veritable smorgasbord of all things literature, design, craft and chic. My inspiration in blogland (and in life!).
3. Little Miss Monkey Mind - fabulous observations of Oxford, PhD life, photography, family (ahem!) and the reluctant yet arduous battle of being an Aussie abroad.
4. I Hate Mornings - for catchy tunes about colourful characters, Ben always gets me smiling.
5. MetroDad - heartfelt and hilarious tales of family and fatherhood in NYC. (Thanks to Kate for introducing me to this great blogger).
6. The Flashpacker - a new travel blog by a friend and fellow wanderluster. His posts always leave me with itchy feet (to travel, not scratch).
7. Syms Covington - my window into the weird and wonderful world of Australian cinema.
So thanks again for my shiny award! I graciously accept. Here's my dramatic recreation: